Philippine International Driving Permit

Philippine International Driving Permit is one of the privileges enjoyed by Automobile Association Philippines (AAP) club members. It allows you to drive private and rental cars overseas. Some countries may not require a PIDP but the car rental companies in that country may require one.

To apply for a PIDP, visit the AAP office near you and bring the following requirements:
1. Original and photocopy of Philippine driver’s license valid for at least one year
2. Two (2) pieces latest 2x2 colored ID photo with white background.
(The personal appearance of the applicant is not required to get a PIDP, however, the applicant’s representative must present an authorization letter and any valid ID and submit its photocopy along with requirements no. 1 and 2.)
3. For foreign nationals in the Philippines, present the original passport plus photocopies of pages showing identification and date of last arrival. If you are a permanent resident, present your passport and/or Alien Certificate Registration along with requirements no. 1 and 2.
4. Php 1,800 broken down as follows:
Php300 - AAP joining fee*
Php1,200 - AAP annual registration
Php300 - PIDP processing fee

Philippine International Driving Permit is just one of the benefits of being a AAP member. Members can also avail the following benefits and services: 24/7 Emergency Roadside Service, LTO Registration Assistance, Insurance Products and Services.

The Emergency Roadside Service (ERS) will help you through unexpected difficulties with your vehicle, or the one in which you are riding. You can call for ERS assistance whether you are the driver or passenger of the car other than the one registered under your membership provided that you are personally present at the time of the service request. Moreover, the AAP-registered vehicle is entitled to round-the-clock ERS support even if you are not around in the time of the service request.

Call ERS hotlines for towing, flat tire change, dead battery, curt trailer hitches failure, home start or fuel provision services when your car breaks down anywhere in Metro Manila, Metro Cebu and Metro Davao, and in areas where AAP is the exclusive ERS provider which include the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX), the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX), the Skyway and ground level expressway from Magallanes to Alabang, the South Luzon Expressway (SLEX) from Alabang to Calamba.

No comments:

Post a Comment